In support of its mission, Thunderbird Lake Tahoe is affiliated with professional organizations in the museum, historic preservation, and environmental conservation realms.
National Trust for Historic Preservation
- The Trust is congressionally chartered to provide leadership, education, advocacy, and resources to save America's diverse historic places and revitalize our communities.
Nevada Museums Association
- N.M.A. is a non-profit membership organization supporting the state's 100+ museums by offering learning opportunities through a quarterly newsletter, annual conference and informational workshops held throughout the year.
Nevada Dept of Tourism & Cultural Affairs
- The State of Nevada department responsible for the promotion of tourism and celebrating the Silver State’s cultural heritage through historic preservation, public education, and one of the nation’s finest museum systems.
Nevada State Historic Preservation Office
- NV-SHPO encourages the preservation, documentation, and use of cultural resources through state and federal programs. The agency works to educate the public about the importance of our cultural heritage so that Nevada’s historic and archaeological properties are preserved, interpreted, and reused for their economic, educational, and intrinsic values and for future generations to appreciate.
Antique and Classic Boat Society
- ACBS is the world’s largest organization dedicated to the preservation of historic, antique, and classic boats.
Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
- TRPA is a bi-state agency (Nevada and California) cooperatively leading the effort to preserve, restore and enhance the unique natural and human environment of the Lake Tahoe region now and in the future. TRPA conducts environmental research at Thunderbird Lake Tahoe.