Access to Thunderbird Lake Tahoe is by appointment only. Please call to schedule a site visit and learn more about Thunderbird Lake Tahoe.
The maximum guest capacity for any event is generally 120 people.
Thunderbird Lodge has three main areas for events:
- Lighthouse Room seats up to 90 dinner guests, 120 guests theater-style.
- Main Lawn seats up to 120 dinner guests.
- Old Lodge is historically significant and may be used only by special arrangement for an additional donation.
Your rental includes:
- Pre-event site planning and inspection scheduled with Thunderbird staff.
- Thunderbird staff on-site during the event.
- Thirty-minute docent guided tours for your event guests.
- Ten (10) parking spaces for renter, corporate planners, bridal party and/or guests having special needs.
- Parking spaces for event vendors at the boathouse parking lot.
Your rental does not include:
- Guest transportation to and from Thunderbird Lake Tahoe - as parking is limited, group transportation by shuttle or commercial boat is required for all guests.
- Food, beverage, catering, linens, table settings, flowers, tables, chairs, ministers, event or wedding planners, entertainment, and any additional equipment. See our approved vendor list for providers.
Your rental period must include sufficient time for all of your vendors to setup and break down. Please refer to the Thunderbird Facility Rental Agreement for complete terms and conditions.
- An approved event or wedding planner is required.
- A four-hour minimum charge applies to all events occurring Tuesday through Thursday.
- A six-hour minimum charge applies to all events on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Thunderbird Lake Tahoe is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- A signed Facility Rental Agreement and 50% of the anticipated total rental fee will be required to reserve an event date.
- Final payment and a security deposit are due in full thirty days before the event.
- Event times available between 9AM and 10PM. Guests must be clear of the property by 10PM and vendors by 11PM.
Your entire rental fee goes to preserve and maintain Thunderbird Lodge and Yacht. A portion of your event fee is a charitable contribution to the non-profit Thunderbird Lodge Preservation Society and may be tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
Rates for a two-hour wedding “ceremony only” package start at $2,500.
Rates for wedding receptions (with or without a ceremony) start at $1,500 per hour.
Corporate and non-wedding function pricing starts at $1,500 per hour.
For more information about having your special event at Thunderbird Lake Tahoe, please use our online information request form or call (775) 832-8752.