schedule a site visit and learn more about Thunderbird Lake Tahoe.
The maximum guest capacity for any event is generally 120 people.
- Lighthouse Room seats up to 90 dinner guests, 120 guests theater-style.
- Main Lawn seats up to 120 dinner guests.
- Old Lodge is historically significant and may be used only by special
arrangement for an additional donation.
- Pre-event site planning and inspection scheduled with Thunderbird staff.
- Thunderbird staff on-site during the event.
- Thirty-minute docent guided tours for your event guests.
- Ten (10) parking spaces for renter, corporate planners, bridal party and/or guests having special needs.
- Parking spaces for event vendors at the boathouse parking lot.
- Guest transportation to and from Thunderbird Lake Tahoe - as parking is limited, group transportation by shuttle or commercial boat is required for all guests.
- Food, beverage, catering, linens, table settings, flowers, tables, chairs, ministers, event or wedding planners, entertainment, and any additional equipment. See our vendor list for providers.
Your rental period must include sufficient time for all of your vendors to setup and break down. Please refer to the Thunderbird Facility Rental Agreement for complete terms and conditions.Policies
- Thunderbird Lake Tahoe makes its facilities available only to those who have made a significant contribution to the charitable programs of the non-profit Thunderbird Lodge Preservation Society.
- An approved event or wedding planner is required.
- Thunderbird Lodge is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- A signed Facility Rental Agreement and deposit are required to reserve an event date.
- Final payment and a security deposit are due in full thirty days before the event.
- Event times are available between 9AM and 10PM. Guests must be clear of the property by 10PM and vendors by 11PM.
- Until a Facility Rental Agreement is signed and all payments are made as stipulated, Thunderbird Lake Tahoe reserves the right to change pricing and terms without notice.
- Executive management vets each rental to ensure the use is compatible with the historic facilities, community standing, and charitable purposes of Thunderbird Lake Tahoe. Thunderbird Lake Tahoe reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
This is Lake Tahoe’s most discerning event venue and your entire contribution goes to preserve and maintain Thunderbird Lodge and Yacht. A portion of your contribution may be tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
A two-hour wedding “ceremony only” package (maximum 40 attendees) requires a minimum contribution of $10,000. Contributions for Castle-for-a-Day Weddings (with or without a ceremony) start at $35,000 and meeting events start at $2,500 per hour. Private, group, and corporate luncheon, dinner, and meeting events start at $25,000.
For more information about having your special event at Thunderbird Lake Tahoe, please use our online information request form or call (775) 832-8750.